February 18, 2012

lalashoes: sweet baby girl shoes

Image credit: Daria of Lalashoes
A few weeks ago, my niece gave birth to a sweet sweet baby girl named Emma Soo. Talk about an international heritage! My grand-niece (!) is part italian, korean and jewish american. That's from what we know. But what I do know is the entire mix has created a sweet little girl. We hope to meet her soon, very soon!

In the meantime, I wanted to get my niece some baby gifts. What better excuse than a newborn to go shopping right? When Daria of Lalashoes showcased her new collection on her Facebook page, I knew her newborn baby girls shoes would be perfect! My niece is quite the girly girl and I knew this would melt her heart. Who's heart wouldn't melt at the sight of these oh-so-cute ecru & pink heart tiny shoes?

The shoes are hand-made to perfection using only pure wool felt. Something that will keep those tiny toes nice and warm. The seams inside the shoes are closed so that baby's feet won't rub against anything that will irritate or cause friction.

There are so many beautiful designs to choose from, I also loved this beautiful soft grey version with butterfly clasp:
Image credit: Daria of Lalashoes 
Or how about this colourful version?
Image credit: Daria of Lalashoes 


Not only was Daria a dream to connect with but she took care of everything for me. Including adding a beautiful gift wrap knowing this was being shipped straight to my niece's home (which is on the west coast of the US). The care with which Daria took care of this for me, the craftmanship, the attention to detail and of course, the gorgeous designs... I just had to share these shoes with all of you.

My niece wrote to me saying how much she adores these shoes. I hope these will be loved and kept and eventually, stored away to be kept as a keepsake.

Welcome to the world Emma Soo. We haven't met you yet but we love you.

For any enquiries or even for custom-made shoes, I'm sure Daria will be able to work something out for you! Contact her here at her etsy shop: Lalashoes or on facebook: Lalashoes Facebook.


Daria is also one of the nicest people on the web so go ahead and connect with her on twitter! Trust me, she'll reach out to you in no time (world time zone permitting!): @Lalamonde 


Thank you so much Daria! 


http://www.lalashoes.com/

4 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww those are sooo darling!!!

KLT said...

I love Daria's shoes! The ones you got for your niece's little girl are so sweet! I got the ones like that but with a little green leaf in place of the heart for my little soon to be nephew (any day now!). The care she puts into everything she does is amazing. It's so cool to see Daria's work on your blog. You 2 are a few of my favorite people! :)

Daria said...

This is wonderful! I'm so happy you both liked the little shoes!
And you are way too kind, Chantale! Thank you so much!
Also, it made my day the first day of this nasty flu I caught - I declare your writings true medicine! :)

ChantaleP said...

: ) !!