November 9, 2011

preparations for an upcoming birthday

birthday_mosaic
I can't believe how fast Keira's birthday is approaching. Has it been a year already? My 'baby' will be turning 7 soon. Gah!

Since there seems to be no stopping to all the rush projects at work, I decided to plan and put together Keira's birthday party last October. I had already designed and sent out her invitations last month even though the party itself will be held closer to the end of this month.

This year, Keira decided she wanted to have her party held at a gym place which is great for me as well. I won't have to deal with a messy house and the gym place will take care of all the activities. Yay!

I also put in an order for a very special birthday cake that will be a surprise for Keira. I can't wait for her to see it!

Keira helped me fill up the loot bags 2 weeks ago and I made a frothy, tulle skirt for her to wear made from leftover tulle and fabrics.

As you can imagine, I have a very excited little girl who can't wait for her birthday celebration in 2 weeks time.

8 comments:

Paul & Paula ★ said...

oh wow and I love that invitation... can I hire you to design the ones for my kids next year??? please :))))

have so much fun then...

bron @ baby space said...

Is that the invite? So cute! The preschooler is about to have a birthday too: his 4th.

Jen C said...

Oh how wonderful! The invitation is fan-flippin-tastic! Please tell Keira that we are wishing her the happiest of days when her birthday comes.

And hugs to you mama!

ChantaleP said...

Aw, thanks ladies. Yes, that is her invite! I had fun designing it. Keira, not so much. lol. I did get 1 good shot of her, and that's the image you see on the invite.

ChantaleP said...

Hugs to you too Jen C!

ChantaleP said...

Happy birthday to the Baby Space preschooler! The 4s, yes, the 4s are a looooot of fun. ;p

MarieLaure said...

ça approche...
so cute les cartes
d'invitations for her birthday party!! j'adoore!!!
bons préparatifs!!!
Bisous

And So I Whisper said...

Love everything, the invites, the skirt, the goodie bags :-) sure she'll have a blast! Can't wait to see the photos.