September 28, 2011

beauty is..

finding inner beauty
beauty is...
this is me but not really

On a daily basis, I tell my Keikster how much I love her and ask her, why is she so darn cute? I think after all this time, this cuteness business runs right over her head. I mean, she knows it, I say it all the time to her. But what does it really mean? Lately, I've been telling Keira that she's beautiful because it radiates from the inside of her. Her kindness, her spontaneity, her happiness radiates all the way to the outside and it shows on her face. This, I keep telling her, is the real reason why I think she's beautiful.

She doesn't fully understand it yet. She takes it quite literally. Beauty inside? What's inside? Is there yucky stuff in me? It shows on my face? Really?

Kids really do say the darndest things.

But most times, they just laugh in your face and run away.

6 comments:

Paul & Paula ★ said...

so true Chantale.
And your Keira has such a charming and clever vibe that truly makes her beautiful...

d'ogg said...

These are beautiful Chantal. I am a big believer that 'only kindness matters'. I have brought my girls up with that and they get it.

And So I Whisper said...

It is true. I say it all the time to my kids, and also that they should look for that in other people.
Have a wonderful day!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i love that you made these black and white! i need to experiment more w/ b&w photography myself!!

Fei An said...

Inside, outside... children are beautiful no matter what!!!

Chantale, Anja is left-handedness too and it doesn't seem as much a bothering to her, maybe a little bit to her right hand. I suppose that Keira is still too small to get the feeling of playing violin? Anja is 8 now. And she began to learn to play viola when she was 7. ...She is and was big enough
to get the feeling of play an instrument, I guess?

Sari - MrsAgatha said...

What a lovely post! =) And so true, true beauty comes from the inside!