June 2, 2011

the tooth fairy visits again! or will she...



Nope, that's not Keira doing her best imitation of Capt'n Jack Sparrow. It's not her imitation of the toothless old man grin either.. It's Keira losing her third baby tooth! And we have just the right spot to place her tooth for the Tooth Fairy: her Tooth Fairy doll. I told Keira the tooth fairy needs to see her doll so instead of placing it under her pillow, we decided to place her on top of the pillow beside her. Now I just need to sneak in her room and replace the little tooth with some moolah. It's almost midnight and the kid is still cagey in bed. urgh.. dunno how much longer I can hold out before caving in to some much needed zzzz's. Stay tuned..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, I wrote up this post 2 days ago. I finally managed to sneak in and leave some toonies (2$ coins) in the pouch but when Keira woke up & found the toonies all she said was, 'some coins? where's my paper with the tooth fairy picture on it?'. I used to just print out tooth fairy certificates on the printer! Had I known.....

8 comments:

Jen C said...

In our house, the 'usual' tooth fairy sometimes calls out sick and has a sub come in her place. (you know, when I forget to put the money under the pillow ;)

I say, "Oh dear, I bet the sub didn't attend orientation where HR outlines optimal tooth collection time."

nath said...

how cute!!

And So I Whisper said...

Oh my!! So cute!! We also leave the tooth fairy doll beside the bed. Luckily here they go to sleep early so I can also get some sleep :-)

sheri fujihara chen said...

Yay toonies! But can't beat the fairy certs, I guess. Ah well! Still so cute, even sans tooth...

Audrey said...

Love that tooth fairy doll. Way to go Keira! 3 adult teeth in already!

Lisa said...

Keira has a few more to go to catch up with Sydney before vacay so that they can be twins seperated at birth again! The count is at 5 with 2 more wiggly ones! Go Keira, go! Love that tooth fairy!

ChantaleP said...

Lisa: I know! All her friends have teeth that are literally falling out. lol. Now we have the trampoline up, it's a great excuse to come and visit us! Syd & Keiks would have so much fun!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Ahhh... cute pic... and how funny about the money not being exactly what Keira was hoping for. Hehe.

Your lovely lady is losing teeth and my little 15 month old bebe behr just got 2 teeth in last Friday! Kind of wild; definitely wasn't expecting that...