June 30, 2011

happy canada day bento!

Oh my, Kate got smushed overnight in the fridge...
Happy Canada Day everyone! Well, the celebrations won't start until tomorrow (July 1st) but since we're off then, I made this for Keira's lunch today. It's my goofy hommage to Will & Kate who are making their first tour as husband & wife in Canada. They'll be starting their tour in Ottawa, our nation's capital! Guess what? We'll be in the Ottawa area too! But I highly doubt we'll be seeing Will & Kate as we want to avoid the crushing crowds and stay in a quieter area. Boo-a-hoo.

What's in the sammies above? C'mon.. really? It's Keira's fave: minced ham! Old fashion style (with mayonnaise and seasonings). The crown is made up of cheddar and I've added some carrots and heart-shaped cucumbers. Aw.. What you don't see is the mini pot of hummus that she can dip her carrots into and a chocolate pudding. The bento box is newish. I bought it a few months ago and haven't used it til now. It looks small height-wise but I was able to shut the lid down with ease on this bento.

Wishing my fellow Canucks a Happy Canada Day, my american family & friends a Happy 4th of July and to everyone, a very wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Paul & Paula ★ said...

cute alarm :)
love the cucumber hearts and the smiley faces...
soon I will do lunch boxes too...lets see if they look anything lovely like that...
happy fete!

ChantaleP said...

You so should Peggy! Go for it!

smudgetikka said...

Haha, I love those happy buns, remind me of the Potato heads!

Ana Degenaar said...

I can't wait for Emma to go to school so I can finally use that bento!!!

Nani said...

love the bento! Happy Canada Day!

And So I Whisper said...

Happy Canada Day :-)
Love this idea... cute eyes!

lula honey said...

perfection! xo happy canada day.

joyce said...

soooo sooo sooooo cute! love love love this one!

happy canada day (tomorrow)!

Audrey said...

Happy Canada Day to you too! LOVE the bento lunches!

kribss said...

super cute bentos!! happy belated canada day- hope you get to see a glimpse of the prince + princess!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Adorable bento fit for UK-royalty, hehe. How lovely that they are visiting Ottawa when you guys are around the area, too.

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Canada today, proper. : )

bron @ baby space said...

Ha ha -- love the bento dedication! Happy Canada day to you :)

KLT said...

Such a fun bento! Kate & Will would be proud to be minced ham people with cheese crowns! I love these!! The bento box is really cool too! Happy Weekend! :)

nath said...

real Kate certainly could do with a burger or two!!