May 8, 2011

happy mother's day



Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! It's a bright & beautiful day today.. Here are my Mother's Day gift from Keira. It kinda choked me up, especially seeing her little hand prints on the poem (definitely going to frame this). I also got a special Mother's Day song performance and asked her to sing it to all you moms out there as well.

Keira is off to her swimming lesson and then to a friend's birthday party. Bizarre for today right? And right smack dab in the middle of the day too. There is nothing for us parents to do but wait it out. Ah well, it is a gorgeous day! I'd like to check out some new bikes.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday! xo

Here is the poem translated for you (some things really doesn't translate verbatim):
Mother
Sometimes you despair
Seeing my hands in the air
They touch everything
Leave traces everywhere!
But you know, the more I grow
The less I dirty everything
So how would you remember
the imprint of my dirty black hands?
Would you remember my little golden hands?
That holds & embraces you so tight!
Here are my little hand imprints
To help you remember tomorrow,
All my tender touch.

(and now I'm choking up) And now, for all you moms out there.. love Keira xoxo


Happy Mother's Day from ChantaleP on Vimeo.

12 comments:

Lia Chen said...

Happy Mother's Day Chantale! You are a great and caring mum. Hope you have a great time to celebrate with your loving family (^.^)

lula honey said...

so sweet! i hope you had the happiest of days chantal! xo

MarieLaure said...

Un Amour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elle est trop trop mignonne!!!
Doux Bisous à ta petite Princesse!

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg this is too sweet!!! looks like you had a great mothers day, you totally deserve it!!

KLT said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day Chantale! That was the sweetest video ever (thx for the translation) :)
Hope your Monday is going well!

And So I Whisper said...

So so so cute! Love the letter with the printed hands.
Hope you had a great Mother's Day celebration.
We celebrated even though for us it is August 15th. when we really have the Mother's Day celebration. That is when we celebrate in Costa Rica :-))

joyce said...

soooo sweet! i say it every post...but she really is BEAUTIFUL!

sheri fujihara chen said...

Eeps. Those handprint/poems always make me tear up too. Like, I KNOW you're growing up too fast. Don't remind me! *sob*

Alely said...

oh my goodness that was too stinkin' sweet! i hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

ChantaleP said...

Thank so for your sweet comments! I know, she's growing up too fast isn't she? Gulp! Hope you ladies all had a wonderful Mother's Day.. : )

Susan Yuen said...

Beautiful, beautiful poem! You are the sweetest mommy ever, hope you had a fabulous day!

OLD BRAND NEW said...

Oh, dear, that is the most adorable video! You're the best mama!