April 29, 2011

nippon retro mod dress



Happy weekend everyone! I don't know about you but I was riveted by the Royal Wedding. I had to break off watching to go for my morning run but watched it in its entirety again thanks to all the online videos. Wasn't Kate breathtaking? And the dresses! Oh the sublime dresses. I think I love Pippa's dress more than Kate's. I'm still poring through all the photos online and I just can't seem to get enough. I watched Diana and Charle's wedding way back when. It was such a hot and humid day in July but I loved watching it on tv.

Last weekend, I managed to get a little sewing done. And here's the result. I fell in love with this japanese fabric (which is oh so soft) and bought it on the spot. It's both retro and mod! This is a halter dress that can be worn 2 ways: As a straight A-line halter or you can pull the drawstrings on the sides and voilà, a mini pouf halter dress. As the pouf style, all Keira needs is a lei and she looks so hawaiian..

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! The mister and I will be attending one of my best friend's wedding. The Keikster is off to her bff's. Finally, I will meet the lady that captured my friend's heart. They are so dear and near to my heart. It's a wedding weekend!






13 comments:

Nani said...

I seriously think Keira could be a model she is too gorgeous. I also love this dress! I need to learn how to sew!

KLT said...

Ah Keira looks gorgeous in that stunner of a dress! Seriously Chantale- I love that fabric! I can see some plushie in that, can't you? :) Hope you and the mister have a nice time at the wedding! Enjoy your weekend!! Oh, & I admit, I'm sort of getting sucked into the Royals today. :)

And So I Whisper said...

beautiful dress! love the shape.
I am with you on the Royal wedding dresses. Kate's was wonderful but Pippa's was to my taste better... even though it was white.
Wishing you a great weekend. enjoy the wedding!

ringmaster said...

love x's 1,000! what is the pattern you used?

MrsAgatha said...

I need that dress for me, so lovely! And Keira is too! =)

Loved the royal wedding and all the dresses! Some of the hats were little bit over the top for me but it seems to be the British way... ;D

sheri fujihara chen said...

Is it your own pattern? You have a knack for stylish, simple designs. Super cute -- the dress and the girlzina!!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Chantale - Amazing dress! Lovely visually (as is the gorgeous Keira in it!)but the truly impressive part is that you made it!! Well done.

As for the wedding - I totally agree. Captivating, for sure. I awoke early due to the little one and after a while hanging out/feeding him, realized it was the wedding AM, so on the TV I turned. : )

Enjoy your fun weekend of another matrimonial!

Susan Yuen said...

Chantal I love the dress! You are amazing and have the best sense of style. Gorgeous!

lula honey said...

the fabric, the dress, and keira are RAD!

CdP said...

Des photos de magazine de mode!

ChantaleP said...

Thanks so much everyone! I will check the name of the pattern I used. One thing's for sure though, I did alter it for this. I need to go out and buy other patterns though.. : ) Thx for all your encouragements!

MarieLaure said...

she is gorgeous!!!
beaufiful dress !!!!!!
I love it !!!!!!

Alely said...

oh em gee! girl you rock when it comes to making dresses for keira! love it!