February 14, 2011

sweet shot tuesday

The World Trade Center.. or as we call it, just the Mondial..
Hôtel le Saint James
Spotted on the streets: Giraffe girl..
Is it Tuesday already? I love these Sweet Shot Tuesdays ever since I started following Sandy's blog (sandyalamode.com). She's been doing Sweet Shot Tuesdays forever. I finally clicked over to see what all the hububs about and.. am really liking it. One of these days when I actually have some time, I'm going to really but really take out pen and paper and take notes on all the technicalities of photography.

In the meantime, here's my 3rd post linked over at My3Boybarians.com. I doubt I'll be doing this every single week but I encourage everyone who loves taking photos to give it a try. You'll be able to see some amazing shots each and every week there.

Above are some shots of Old Montréal that I took on Saturday. The first photo is the interior of The World Trade Center. A place I passed by almost every single working day going to and from work.. this place connects to the underground network of métros. There is also a food court I used to frequent here.

The second photo is of course, the famous Hôtel le St James. Ritzy, exclusive.. And the third shot? The third shot is of Keira hamming it up to the camera with her giraffe tuque. lol!

Happy Sweet Shot Tuesday folks!

Sweet Shot Day

22 comments:

Susan Yuen said...

PLease, please, please let me take a photography class from you! Your pictures are always amazing!

Paul & Paula said...

still snow I see... beautiful!

Ritzy bitzy hotels... Oh I love them... cannot help it *lol*
such a special atmosphere...

greetings to the giraffe... did she escape the zoo? :)

Samantha said...

Beautiful shots! I love SST as well :D

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh my!! these photos are sooo amazing! glad u linked up!!!

Becky Sue said...

Old Montréal is beautiful! I haven't been there in years. Gorgeous photos!

ChantaleP said...

Wow. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the encouragements here...

Joni said...

these photos are great. amazing job!

Tifani said...

Your photos are breathtaking. There is no other word!

Courtney said...

wow these are great photos. i love the angles of the first one! and the snow in the second and the cutie pie in the third!

Karina Cifuentes said...

I love the way those branches are growing along the St. James, isn't there a word for that? I want that to happen on my future dream home! xo

Audrey said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful buildings. I love and miss Montreal SO much. I can't believe how elegant the architecture is. You should come out and see B.C. The nature is beautiful but definitely not the architecture or buildings. Oh well.

Yum...the food courts of Montreal.

I can't believe how much snow there is. Crazy!

Again, your pics are awesome. Keira is always so bright faced.

Sally said...

These are great photos. I especially love the first one - what an interesting shot!

Kristy said...

These are awesome, I LOVE the 2nd shot!

KERRY said...

I agree...your photos are so dreamy! And Mr postman came today...that is sweetest thing ever. I adore my card. Thank you so much you lovely lady! :) x

Jaymi said...

beautiful! these shots are great!

ChantaleP said...

Whoa. Thanks for ALL your sweet words! Gives me hope here, gives me hope. You've all made my day!

Old Brand New said...

Because of your amazingly gifted and magical photo taking, I must visit Montreal now! You know I would do anything to trade some of my sunshine for your snow! And giraffe girl is so cute.

ALELY said...

oh, girl the pics are amazing! you have to dm me on twitter to tell me what camera you have and what lense you use...very curious.

ALELY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KidsDreamWork said...

Wow! Love your photos! And those bento gadgets definitely looks tempting! :)

nath said...

OMG you're still under few inches of snow... I guess how to dress in the morning is not such a headache...

MarieLaure said...

beautiful !!!