February 1, 2011

early hearts day




Keira came home with a surprise for me on... Thursday? or Friday? I can't remember.. In any case, it's an early Valentine's gift! It came all packaged with crinkly wrap and hearts on a bow and when I unwrapped it, there was a very strong whiff of, of.. something. Smelled of herbs, grass and citronella. lol. She told me they added 'perfume' to the molding clay. It's such a cute heart mobile, I really love it. Too bad Keira took it back right after I opened it and hung it on her dresser knob in her room. Oh well, it is very pretty and it's the thought that counts.

Also, I'm so glad you all enjoyed the last q&a interview! Thanks for all your comments. I get so inspired with all these amazing people doing what they love and making it happen..

11 comments:

Paul & Paula said...

Nice! You must be so proud of her... and this is the mobile beginning :)

MrsAgatha said...

What a lovely surprise! ♥

ChantaleP said...

Paul&Paula: Yes a tiny mobile beginning! I'm also getting used to the 'perfume'. hehe
MrsAgatha: It is a lovely surprise! I think better than chocolate.. ;p

Lia Chen said...

So sweet of her! Can I borrow K for one day hahaha ... :D

Anabel Fournier said...

What a cute surprise for mommy! So nice when they create this things and so proud of making them.

Sandy a la Mode said...

awwwwww it's soo cute!! what a sweet present, even though she kept it!! it's the thought that counts?? :)

karaimame said...

Ah! So cute! But.. are u sure it is better than chocolate? (ehehhe, kidding!).
Lovely, I would melt away if one of my girls give me sth like this...

ChantaleP said...

It is cute when they're all proud of what they make in school.. and the expectant smile on their faces waiting for mummy & papa to open these gifts.. : )

Susan Yuen said...

Aww beautiful! She must have been so excited to give that to you! :)

ChantaleP said...

Susan: She was! and I loved how she took it out of my hands to take it to her room to hang up. haha.

KLT said...

How sweet! I love handmade gifts like that. :)