October 19, 2010

pittsburgh goody package!

Some Pittsburgh goodies.. and a whole lotta goldfish crackers!
Keira this morning, feeling under the weather but trying every single variety of goldfish crackers..
Okay, I'm a bad mommy.. I told Keira she could wear her new HK hat to school to show her buddies because I have crazy deadlines at work.. so couldn't stay with her at home today even though she wanted to because she wasn't feeling well.. But she was feeling a whole lot better when I picked her up from school so.. it was for the best? yeah, right. That's what I kept telling myself.. 
It's a super floppy cute Hello Kitty hat! And she loves it.. Thank you Sydney! Great choice..
We got a total surprise in the mail yesterday from our Pittsburgh friends, the family D! We met up with Rick, Lisa and their beautiful daughter Sydney on our trip to Virginia Beach this year (remember this post?). Well, what with time zooming past, we only just now got around to sending each other the photos we took on our trip. We sent a little package with Québec made goodies to them, and they sent us some Pittsburgh goodies to us as well!

Why are there so many Pepperidge Farm goldfish packages here? Because we don't get the same type of variety our friends south of the border do. And the Keikster loves goldfish crackers! She opened up every single package and tried them all. Her fave? The S'mores version (duh) and surprisingly, the Cinnamon one too. Lisa crammed a water bottle full of mini Clark bars (it's like Crispy Crunch) and sadly, I've scarfed down every last bar, save 2. Oink! Keira got a kick out of the individual packets of Heinz tomato ketchup.. There was one thing that really caught my attention: this jar of Isaly's Barbeque Sauce. Lisa told me it's really Pittsburgh comfort food.. You top off chipped chopped ham with this sauce in a bun and put it in the oven to bake. Here is the Isaly website: http://www.isalys.com/ and the Chipped Chopped Ham Barbeque Sauce recipe. I can't wait to try it out! Especially with this windy cold weather.. Will taste great with soup! Thanks so much Rick, Lisa and Sydney! We love you guys... 

12 comments:

sherimiya said...

I love surprise CARE packages! You got a lot of cool and fun loot, it looks like. Goldfish crackers, hehe. They've come a long way from plain, which is all I ever had.
Sounds like K has a quick recovery system down, no worries about sending her off. That adorable HK hat no doubt did wonders. Love it (and that cutiepie face under it) to pieces!!!

Leah said...

I love Keira's hat! So cute! lol isn't there always something to feel guilty about when parenting? I feel like that sometimes. But you do the best you can. And I am so glad she started feeling better!
I am loving the goldfish crackers! I may just dive into Evelette's. lol

Luvs!

joyce said...

that's sooo nice!

and you're a good mama for letting her open all the different flavours...

I would have told Hudson "NO! One at a time, or else they'll get stale!"

Nani said...

wow I have never seen so many different types of GF crackers! I am not going to go to the store and see what I can find, lol. I love cae packages it's so much fun to send and receive.

I think it's also especially cool how you kept in touch with the family you met! now that is awesome.

Chantale said...

Thanks Sheri & Leah!. I guess do much better when they get to play with friends. : )
Joyce: I never think of things like saying no, one at time because quite honestly, I'm curious to what everything tasted like too! lol. Besides, only the cheddar flavour crackers get stale. The rest don't, they're like cookies and pretzels. : )
Nani: I love sending out packages too! I also love seeing different types of brands of food in different cities. Yeah, we are very lucky to have met the family D. They're awesome.

Audrey said...

What an awesome package to receive. Why don't we have those awesome flavors for the fishy crackers!!!

Lisa said...

Once again Chantal, thank you so much for all of the lovely words. We, too, are so happy that Sydney and Keira clicked so well and that we have these new wonderful friends! I promise to keep the goldfish coming!

Bron @ Baby Space said...

Aww, so cute in her hat. And she is fine so def it was for the best! We gotta do what we gotta do :)

TLC_Designs said...

ahh! your daughter is so beautiful - what a cutie! Clearly she loves her new hat :)
*Tania

(sweet) stephanie said...

That hello kitty hat is the cutest... I want it! Lol

KLT said...

What a fun package! That is so great that you guys found such cool friends on vacation! Good to know about the goldfish cracker love. All flavors are swimming in these parts. :) Nothing like a package from a friend (with an awesome hat) to cheer up a little girl. Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Chantale said...

Thanks everyone! Audrey: I know, it's crazy how we don't get all these flavours right?
I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend too!