July 5, 2010

summer bento #5


First, thanks everyone for your encouraging comments! I'm shamed because there are people worse off than me out there. Who am I to cry over lost photos, a scrape and some wasps?? So.. shame on me. I have so much to be thankful for! Like my healthy family and .. all of you.

So here is summer bento #5! Do you know Sam Sam, le plus petit des grands héros? I posted about him here. I think he's more of a european children's figure. And maybe here too in Québec. Keira loves Sam Sam and for her lunch today, I decided to make her ham sammie in the form of Sam Nounours, the teddy bear who is one of Sam Sam's sidekick! I used mortadella as the eyebrows, eyes and mouth and marble cheddar cheese for the mouth and eye form. I really have super basic cookie cutter forms and nothing else so.. I made do with a melon scooper to create the bear ears. I put everything in Keira's Hello Kitty bento box and paired Sam Nounours with a butterfly in the top tray. To continue my quest for Keira to eat more fruits and veggies, the bottom tray held flower apples and red grapes. She also got pureed apple sauce with this mix. Et voilà! Lunch est prêt.

8 comments:

sherimiya said...

Superb job on the face! Don't know Sam Sam but he looks like a winner. Love those sandwich cutters too.

And don't worry, that's what friends are for -- to sympathize and then help you remember all your blessings. Here's to a great new week!!

KLT said...

You are so great! What does Keira think about her super sweet lunches? Does she ever give you feedback? I haven't heard of Sam Sam. I am learning so much for you. I am taking notes about your lunch making. :)

kribss said...

go one with your bad self and these cute bentos!

susanyuen said...

AWESOME!!! Cute Sam Sam and butterfly sammies! Keira must have love it! :)

Debra said...

I like using the two colored cheese also. Cute little bento. Hope your summer is good one!

Leah said...

LOVE the panda bear sandwhich and the butterfly cheese! So cute! You are completely creative with each one you make!

Chantale said...

haha! Thx everyone! Strangely, I don't get any comments from Keira when she comes home. The only way I know she likes these lunches is the fact that her lunchbox is empty after I pick her up from summer day camp.

Bron @ Baby Space said...

Look at that cute food face! Such a fun and creative lunch :)