July 29, 2010

the minion from despicable me bento!


Here's lunch #whoknowshowmany! It's those tiny minions from the movie Despicable Me! haha. Ever since we saw the trailer for this movie at our last cinema outing, I've been wanting to do the minions as a bento lunch. They're so cuuuuute! I love how they keep popping all over the place. I also love the little girl doing the popping of her cheeks. She's adorable! Do you recognize their eyes in this lunch? Yes! It's the same candy eyes that Susan uses! Despite her busy and frenetic schedule, Susan took the time and was incredibly generous to send me some sugar candy eyes. I can't tell you how I feel about this because I just want to say, Thank You Thank You Thank You to Susan! And to all you amazing bento community. Not to worry, I have sent something to the Yuen family as well (something super amazingly yummy!). 

Today is another Thursday outing for Keira. They're heading out to some kind of amusement fort. They'll be bouncing around A LOT, probably looking like 'minions' themselves hehehe. Of course, this is yet another ham sammie (Keira loves ham!) and I cut out the little minion's denim overalls from a pepperoni slice. Then I topped that off with blue icing. Seriously, the eyes are what makes this minion look even remotely like, well, a minion! Then I added some more minion heads all around the central one. I used black sesame for their strands of hair. On the bottom tray of my bento box, I added fruit salad made with apple squares, mandarin oranges and watermelon. Yum! 

Once Keira's bff Miss B gets back from her vacation, we are going to watch this movie together. Let me know if you've seen it too! 

If you want to get some bento or just meal inspirations, head on over to Susan's site here: http://susanyuen.wordpress.com/


Susan also sent us these super cute picks! 

11 comments:

Lia Chen said...

Tiny minions are so cute! You are so good on picking up your bento theme. This one is definitely awesome (^.^)

Lyndsey said...

Ha! I am so happy to see this! The minute I saw the trailers for the movie I thought the same thing...how great they would look in a bento. My daughter is just a little too old now for that. Maybe I'll make it for my husband, lol!

Susan is great and I love checking out her site! Those picks are awesome, they are on my wish list!

Nani said...

orangemomo01Love it!!!!! So cute, I need to go watch this movie.

susan said...

That is so cute! Love the minions, they are perfect!

Chantale said...

Thanks so much everyone! I'm dying to see this movie too.. I know I know, what am I? Five? lol.

sherimiya said...

Wanna see it now! ADORABLE!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh my goodness, you are getting better and better at this girl! i NEED to watch that movie, maybe i will this weekend! looks soo cute!!

Leah said...

Oh how cute are the minions! you did a spectacular job! I am actually so excited to see this movie, sounds so great!

Luvs!

one sydney road said...

OMG, the minions are way too cute!!!! I love it :) I've heard the movie is really cute - it's on the list of ones to go see.

KLT said...

Love these little guys! My fav of the bunch so far. Look forward to the movie too. :)

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Oh my goodness... this is a cute bento. I haven't seen the movie or any trailers for Despicable Me, however, I was recently told I look like one of the character, hehe, so I definitely want to see it!