So, today is my last day before embarking on a new journey. One I hope will be the last for a long time. I start my new job tomorrow. I had told Mr C that today is the day where I will sit down and park myself on the sofa. I will do nothing. Absolutely. Nothing. He just went, "uh huh". He knows me too well.
I must have ants in my pants because after dropping Keira off to school and sitting on the sofa for about half an hour.. I decided to sew something. So I headed off to Ikea.
Our really old sleeper sofa, warts and all..
The ill-fitting & expensive slipcover.. eeeeyuk.
We've had this sleeper sofa for a very long time. I believe it was Mr C's first sofa purchase. Believe me, that was a long time ago! I have never been able to properly recover that sofa because of it's odd cushion shape and thin arms. I've spent quite a few dollars buying slipcovers that never fit. So today, I decided to do something about it. Even though we bought new sofas for the basement, we decided to keep this sofa because of the extra sleeping area it provides. But I hate how it looks.
Ikea has great graphic fabrics at amazing prices. I bought 8 meters of this Saralisa fabric and eventually only used about 6.5 meters in total. From beginning cut to the end sew, this Ikea project took only 2.5 hrs and cost me only 45,44$ (cdn)! Not too shabby...I'm really happy about the end result and can only thank my memory of Trading Spaces for being able to complete this thing!
Cutting the fabric to fit
Pinning the pieces together
The end result! I love it!