May 7, 2010

happy mother's day!

If only I could have that dress & bag my mom's wearing here. That was our first trip to Niagara Falls (I have no idea who the boys or their dad is, my dad's the one who took the photo). Yep, that's me in the white hot pants. The grand lady wearing the Yankees baseball cap is Keira's great grandmother! She lived to be 103 before she decided she'd seen enough. She passed away quietly in her sleep. I only heard her voice once, on the telephone and when I realized who it was, I broke down and cried (I was in my teens). I think I heard her ask someone on her end who the blubbering idiot was on the other line (duh, me!). I only wish I had a picture of Keira's paternal Great Grandmother (who she's named after). Apparently, she was tiny but a true Irish spitfire!

Halmoni
Grandmaman

It's a bittersweet Mother's Day. We lost one Mom and we're lucky to have our own with us through the ordeal she went through lately.

So here's to all our moms! We love you & thank you for taking care of us (in any way you could). Happy Mother's Day to the rest of you young'uns too. 

5 comments:

KLT said...

Happy Mother's Day Chantale! Love all of the photos...

susanyuen said...

Beautiful post! Happy mother's Day to you Chantale! :)

Audrey said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Beautiful Beautiful pictures.

Lia Chen said...

Nice shots! Wish you a Happy Mother's Day Chantale :)

joyce said...

Happy Mother's Day!