June 11, 2009

We Picture This: Before & After Contest

we picture {this}

Head on over to We Picture {This}: a mamarazzi photoblog  if you're a novice, amateur, professional photographer. I really love this site and all the photographer mamas there! Still tinkering with my camera settings but I thought this month's contest is really fun: A Before and After contest. With my trusty Photoshop, off I went!

Starting with last year, I've decided to create "movie posters" to dedicate to Keira's birthdays. Last year's poster, I realize now, seems a bit too grim (guess I was in that mood) so this time, I decided to lighten up. heehee! Maybe it's that transition of off-the-charts screaming-for-nothing that Keira was going through and now her total sweetness is there (at times, screaming-for-nothing shows up like an unwanted guest).

I downloaded some stock photography (gratis btw from stock.xchng) and spliced up the images using Photoshop & FluidMask. I added more flyaway hair using the brush tool, tweaked the colours etc etc. This is just the teaser poster. You'll have to wait for the real one later on! What do you think? Maybe I should have added Jim Carrey in the background.... lol.



9 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool...I have yet to try to combine various pictures...You did it very effectivly with this photo!!

joyce said...

amazing! i can't believe how real the photo looks.

Rebecca said...

WOW... I would love to know how to do this, I still don't know my way around photoshop enough to merge pictures like this!! What a great effect - I LOVE what you did!

Audrey said...

I LOVE the picture. You are very very talented my friend!

Kirsten Jo said...

perfect! I love this photo and you are very good at photoshop.

Donna said...

What can I say? This is absolute perfection! Hee hee... Good luck improving on that!

Seriously, combining the photos made this so very adorable!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Chantal said...

Thx everyone! Yep, I'm better at photoshopping than manipulating my camera...but I'll keep trying..

Alicia W. said...

What a fantastic job you did.

Lori Lynn said...

Very nice. I tried my first attempt at this last week, but mine was the same picture (different exposures) rather than different ones. Now you have motivated me to try something more creative.

Lori